Friday 19 April 2013

Beautiful Elizabeth Bennett

 Here is a gorgeous stamp I recently purchased from the Ali Pally show framed on a piece of altered art. Lisa Baker inspired me to have a play and this is my first independent go with this kind of art and I am already hooked! The hearts are from Indigoblu as well as the main stamp itself. I have also used one of their fantastic flourishes for the background and a sentiment from a Creative Expressions stamp plate. I have used a large pink and small pink ribbon from my stash to hang it all (stuck together) and also some pastel roses.
The hearts have been initially based with gesso and then covered in acrylic paint (I mixed to a colour I liked). Once dry I have coated the hearts in PVA glue, let this dry and applied a thin layer of Indigoblu's Kroma Crackle. I have dried this with a heat gun for quickness and a soft crackle effect. Once all set I have stamped Elizabeth onto tissue paper and placed her on the main heart with a layer of PVA to seal. I have stamped the flourish around for interest using a raspberry Adirondak, and also added colouring detail to the flowers in her hair with shades of the same colour (using a water brush). I am really pleased with the effect and it has
inspired me to alter all sorts of things! Indigoblu has also inspired me a lot lately, I love their products and the 'Englishness' of the images.

It seems less restrictive to create something in this way, the rules simply aren't there and you can make something to your own taste. Here's to many more creations...

I am going to enter Miss Bennett in the latest Indigoblu challenge Forever 21 challenge 3 - flowers (have just discovered they do one!).

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've discovered our challenge, this is beautiful. Elizabeth Bennet is one of my favourite stamps and she looks so pretty in pink. Thank you for joining in with this months Forever 21 Challenge ....... Good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger