Saturday 23 August 2014

Skating Penguins

I rather fell in love with the new Penguins stamp set from Hobby Art this year, so had to start playing! I decided to use the skating penguin as a central feature here, using one of the Stamps Away patchwork design stencils to plan the layout. I wanted to use cool blue colours for the card, so have reflected this in my paper choice and Promarker colours. I chose to paper piece the penguin's scarf with the dotty card and had to add some glitter! The background of the penguin has been lightly shaded with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to take some of the harsh white away. A sentiment was taken from a Spellbinder's sentiment collection and the snowflakes were made using Spellbinder's Create a Flake 3, cut using the same papers and inked through with the same Distress Ink.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger