Thursday 2 April 2015

Watercolour Tonal Florals and Butterflies

Another simple design to follow the same theme as the last one. Difficult to see from my photograph I admit, but the large background is watercolour card distressed with Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender Distress Inks. I have also used a swirly stencil over the top in tones of the same colours to make a feint pattern. The main panel Indigoblu 'Summer Lovin'' stamp has been stamped with Versafine black ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Sparkle Embossing Powder. I have picked out the different flowers and coloured them with the same colours using Distress Markers this time (with water, as my watercolour medium.) Once dry I have used Stickles in the flower centres. The sentiment is also from Indigoblu and the different butterflies are from The Artistic Stamper 'Encyclopaedia Botanica' plate. The butterflies have been watercoloured in the same way as the flowers, cut out and then made '3D' with Pinflair gel. The card has been layered onto an Anne Marie Designs black 6x6 blank and some small Perfect Pearls dots finish two edges off. I am not used to using such subtle colours, but I quite like the effect on this one...
I am going to enter this into Lisa Baker's Challenge 'Spring Watercolours'.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martina, that is a beautiful card, I love the colours & the glitter. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger