Sunday 28 September 2014

Snowy Winter Scenes

 Both these cards have been made using 6x6 card blanks. For the card to my right, I have cut an aperture in the front using a Spellbinders Circle die. I have then used a snowflake frame die from Memory Box to create an intricate border to the edge (cut from mirror card). The inner circle panel has also been framed with a Spellbinders Scalloped Circle die (again in mirror card) to continue the theme. I have created the scene from a Hobby Art Scene-It collection called Country Scenes. I have coloured the edge and sky of the image with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to give a frosty feel, and then used a muted colour palette of Promarkers to shade the scene. Glitter has been added on the edges of rooftops. The sentiment is also from Hobby Art - part of the Penguins set.
This card is much the same, this time playing with my Sue Wilson dies from the Californian Collection. I have cut the aperture using a basic shape and then created a frame with one of the co-ordinating decorative frame dies. Again I have used the Scene-It set to create a similar picture, extending it slightly to fit the die shape. Both simple cards, but I quite like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger