Friday 11 October 2013

A Hobbit Hole in Autumn

Morning Bloggers! Ok, my husband is a little mad about myth and fantasy too, so I decided to make a card related to 'The Hobbit'. There is nothing like this in the shops; (not that I've seen anyway) I think there is an uncaptured market there... Anyway, this card has been made using loads of my favourite Lavina stamps. The main stamp is appropriately named 'hobbit hole' and the other elements are a mix of foliage, mushrooms and grasses. I have used autumnal distress ink colours which also make it quite manly, and made the topper sentiment on my PC using a piece of Tolkien's poetry. The green background paper I have made using some Indigoblu Morris Dance flake together with a small star Lavina stamp randomly stamped all over the
page. My Husband was pleased with it so I thought I would enter this into Lavinia's new challenge - Autumn colours.                                                                                 

8 comments:

  1. Love this! Especially great for a man's card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card, love it, thank you for joining in Lavinia Stamps challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's fabulous, you are clever! Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card .. I think of the Hobbit when I see this stamp!
    Hubby and I are huge Tolkien fans and yesterday afternoon /evening was spent with DVD's of The Lord Of The Rings, while I crafted and he watched and snoozed now again!
    Clever work ..thank you for entering the challenge x
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love the texture you've injected into it using the stamps and colours. Thank you for entering it into the Challenge an good luck. Hugs Pauline, DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, the colours are beautiful. Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger