Saturday 31 August 2013

Layering Spellbinders

This card was inspired by Julia Watts from Creative Expressions. I do not often use lots of Spellbinders shapes layered together, but seeing Julia do it, I thought I would give it a go! The main colour was chosen as it was for a lady who loves purple. I started with white card stock and distressed using Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord Distress Inks. I then randomly stamped a flourish stamp I have from Hunkydory. The darker purple panel has been embossed using a Couture Creations embossing folder and edged with lace. The die cut flourishes have been cut using a Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz die (elegant flourish) and coloured using the same inks as before. The main sentiment is from LOTV and has been layered several times with Persian Spellbinder's dies, Lacey Circles and Basic Circles. The flowers are from my stash. I have used decoupage pads to add some height, so it is quite a fat card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger