Monday 12 March 2012

Dragons by Lavinia

This is a card back to my roots...I have been accused recently of concentrating too much on myth, magic and fairies. What can I say? I love them! Their world is much more interesting than ours...Anyway a friend of mine took 50 cards for people to look at and the overwhelming reply was that my cards are not generic enough. The most popular seemed to be those which are simple ones.  I can't help it though, the card opposite is the kind of card I love doing. I have used Lavinia stamps for the dragons and the wording behind. There is a script stamp on the vertical panel from Rubbernecker stamps and the sentiment is from Crafter's Companion Fairyopolis!! The paper is from a stack from DCWV which is rather magical and fairylike; the kind of paper you like to stroke... I have also used Distress Inks (Vintage Photo and Scattered Straw) as well as a gold Dewdrop ink pad. I am sure there are others out there who will love it...or so I tell myself!!

1 comment:

  1. Orange Blossom Beads & Jewellery15 March 2012 at 05:37

    I wonder who will accuse you of that ! I just think you need to cater too for the non mystical people of this world ! But some of your new more generic designs are FAB !! specially the shoe fashion you have recently done ! Now match them with handbags and the world will be yours Mystic moon !!!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger