Wednesday 2 August 2017

Rare Oddities - Graphic 45 Papers to make an Ink Storage Solution



Good evening crafters! As promised, I am back with another crafty storage make for my 'organised' craft room.
This unit is designed by Stamps Away (or 'Clevercut) and is meant for small square inks (Versacolor etc). The unit comes flat-packed and is easily assembled with strong PVA glue to secure. Once dry I always fill the 'joins' with decorators' filler and sand the excess off ( I like the surfaces to be smooth). With a perfect base created, I painted the whole unit using DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint in Remembrance. This does take a while, but only one coat is needed, as the DecoArt Paint is fabulous to use.


To smarten up the trays (yes I know the inks will hide most of it!) I added some Imagination Craft's Starlight Wax to 'distress' it and then used lots of little Lavinia and Cardio Stamps in each of the cavities. The final touch was a light spray with gold Crafter's Companion Sparkle and Shine.


I also added some wax to the edges of the unit and the inside.


I did not want to make the outside of the unit too 3D, but it was a perfect excuse to use some of my gorgeous Graphic 45 Rare Oddities Papers! (that way I can always look at them and also not give them away!) I finished the edges with some purple braid from my stash.





 

Here is the finished unit! All ready to go and in use already.
Thank you for reading,
Love
Martina
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger