Tuesday 20 December 2016

LOTV friends at Christmas


Nearly there! I had a few special cards left to make, here is one I made for my Mother-in-Law. There are lots of layers to this one; apologies I was engrossed and totally forgot to take photos along the way!
I started with some pale blue Christmas paper from my stash and attached some raffia ribbon across the lower half. I stamped and heat embossed some Indigoblu snowflakes onto some plain card, shaded with some Distress Ink and cut out each one before sticking across the top of the card. The image is a LOTV stamp which I coloured with Distress Markers onto watercolour card. This was cut out and matted using Spellbinders Dies, before adding some sparkle to the snowy areas with Imagination Crafts Diamond Sparkle Medium. Around the image I have arranged some Tattered Lace star embellishment springs, some Sue Wilson holly sprigs, wired flowers and dried flowers. The finishing touch was some die-cut layered snowflakes with blue pearls in the centres and a sentiment from LOTV.



I wasn't sure at first, but I like it now. A bit fussy, one of those you need to step away from... I do love those cuddly friends though!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger