Saturday 18 July 2015

Bluebells for Dad!

A little late blogging this card; to be honest I had forgotten that I had made it in between my other projects!
I made this card for my husband on Father's Day. I started with a 7x7 craft card blank from Anne Marie Designs. I have created the main topper using a large square of stamping card and then added layers of ink and stamps. The first layer was added using Pumice Stone and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink lightly across the whole panel. To darken the corners I have added Faded Jeans to the edges. I have then used the 2nd generation of Pumice Stone ink to stamp a script stamp across the whole panel. Using the 3rd generation of ink this time and Versacolour Blue Lagoon ink, I have stamped an Indigoblu flourish randomly across the whole panel as well.
Focusing on the top layers now, I have used the same Indigoblu flourish along the edges of the card, stamped this with Versafine and then heat embossed with gold superfine powder.
The painted bluebells were created with Sheena Douglass' Perfect Partners stamps. I have stamped the leaves with Colorbox Evergreen ink and the flower heads in Versafine Blue Lagoon directly onto the background card. Using inks in the same tones (Bundled Sage and Faded Jeans Distress Ink) this time from a tile, I have 'painted' the bluebell heads and leaves to give the image some substance.
The bluebells at the front of the card have been stamped onto white card and die cut using Sheena's matching Perfect Partners' Dies. I have cut three sets of bluebells and used the same inks as before to colour-in. The sentiment has been cut using Spellbinders Fancy Labels 8 and embossed on the edges with the same gold powder as before. The sentiment itself is from Clarity Stamps.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger