Saturday 28 February 2015

Fairy Romance with added Sparkle!

I was actually really pleased with how this card turned out for me! When I started, it just seemed a rather busy mess, but a little more play and I got what I wanted. The 6x6 craft card blank has been layered with coordination card stock in matching colours to the inks I chose: Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade.The main panel is matt cardstock, coloured using layers of ink graduating in colour. I have then taken a script stamp and stamped over the lot in the palest of the inks. On top of this I have stencilled through the Sweet Poppy stencil (dandelion like) in various layers of ink and again tried to graduate the colour. The mushrooms are a Lavinia Stamp, as is the fairy couple. I have gone over the fairies with a layer of Wink of Stella (clear) and have grounded the fairies by creating a small hill using torn paper as a stencil. The top sparkly dandelions are from the same beautiful stencil, but this time pasting some Champagne Sparkle Medium through it; I love this colour, more subtle then gold, but still a great feature. The card has been finished with a Crafter's Companion Cute Companions sentiment stamp put on a Spellbinders Basic Oval. The dark brown matt is a D-lites die. The small brown pearls bring the eye in. Overall I think I like mixing up lots of layers and textures!
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martina, that is a gorgeous card. I love the scene you created & the Champagne SM works so well with the colours of the background. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger