Saturday 10 May 2014

Card-io Altered Art CD Crate - More Fairies!!

 

 Following on from the last projects, I decided I wanted to try and use the Card-io stamps to create larger pieces of work. My daughter has just had her room painted and so I thought I would make a piece of useful 'art' for her. This also happened to coincide with a clear-out and an old plain CD rack needing a new home... I painted the CD rack with acrylic paint in a purple colour. Once dry I decided I would use the Cardi-io stamp sets 'Sketchy Spring Floral' and 'Fairies' to build pictures all around the parts of the rack. Again I used Versa Color pads in various shades of purple, and also some white ones for a change. Black was used for the outline sketchy flowers and butterflies to make certain ones 'pop'. The fairies were all stamped in black as well, dotted all over. At the very top of the frame I layered some co-ordinations card as there was an indented emblem which still showed through the paint. The centre wording is from Katy Sue designs. Once all the elements were stamped the last step was some glitter, (of course) which I added using Stickles. She was very pleased with the end result!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger