Saturday 17 May 2014

A Pirate Pencil Pot!

Being in the mood for some more altered art, this time my youngest asked for me to make him a pencil pot for his bedroom. Being pirate themed, I had to scrabble about in my stash to find whatever I could with this theme in mind. The actual pencil pot is a basic shaped one bought from the MDF man at Ali Pally. I decided to use pale blue acrylic paint for the base colour in and out. I then found some Papermania paper, 'Ahoy There!' to be my side panels. Each panel I tried to do something different with and therefore used a mixture of stamps from Hobbycraft and Creative Expressions, as well as some nautical themed papers that were free from a magazine some time ago. The stamps were stamped directly on the papers and coloured with Promarkers. The anchor I decided I wanted to be more 3D, so I stamped it on card, cut it out and wound some coloured jewellery wire around it. The bottle was filled with sand and glued on with a hot glue gun, as was the metal key. The chest I cut out and embossed, then made this more 3D by shaping it and using some Pinflair to attach it. The same idea was applied to the skull and crossbones. Finally I used some silver jewellery chain and attached some metal charms from my collection which all fit the theme. At each corner at the top if the pot I used a hot glue gun to attach the chain, and covered this with a flat metal silver brad. I am pleased to say he liked it, especially as there were lots of tactile elements.

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger