Thursday 12 September 2013

Fairy Birthday Magic!

This is actually a huge 8x8 card made for my daughter's 9th birthday! The background paper is from a huge DCWV stack called 'Once Upon a Time' which features an ethereal theme (it is hard to use it as I love it so much!) I have mounted onto some dark red paper, picking out the red as my main colour to compliment the vintage browns. The topper has been torn from Neenah card, distressed with Vintage Photo ink and stamped using some beautiful Lavinia fairy, scenery and flower silhouette images. The words are from Katy Sue designs, torn and distressed in the same way. I have cut the flowers using my Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge, laying up several times with one layer being glittered. The ribbon and gems are from my stash. She loved it! I will be entering this in September's Lavinia blog challenge called 'Add a Flower'.

8 comments:

  1. Fab card Martina, not surprised your daughter loved it! Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Hellen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Martine,such gorgeous colours ! Thank you for joining the Lavinia challenge this time,Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply the most beautiful feminine card - I adore it! Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours! Thanks for entering this pretty card in Lavinia's challenge, good luck. Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card......no wonder your daughter loved it! Good luck in our challenge.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger