Sunday 13 July 2014

A Box of Friendship


This project came about after I was asked to make a box to hold a present for someone. My brief was to make a box with some friendship quotes on it. The cogs starting whirring and I decided I might have a go with my new Cricut Mini Books cartridge on my Expression machine. Whilst looking through I noticed an exploding box and the rest is history!














I chose purple colours and papers from the First Edition pad 'Dreamcatcher'. The Cricut worked out all the layer sizes for each part and all I had to do score and cut the right bits with the right colours! Each inner tab had a flower on it with several layers behind it. Although not obvious here, each layer then had a friendship 'quote' on it. There were different quotes for each layer. The quote theme continued on the outside of the box, with matching flowers on the lid. All the flowers were stamped using Versafine and were from the Heartfelt Creations Sunkissed Fleur plate. The matching die was then used to cut them out and purple Distress Inks were applied for some shading. The green foliage was cut using the Tattered Lace Ornate Leaves die and the pearls were from a Hobby House pinwheel set. Once all finished the gift was added to the centre all ready for the box to explode with quotes! I am glad to say the recipient liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger